Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Whakamataku(Scary) Tsunami

On Friday there was a tsunami warning My family and I had to evacuate my home to go to the golf club, because it was very high up and the tsunami would not be able to reach us. At first I thought that it was a drill but then my mum said that it was a real tsunami warning. Once we got to the top of the golf club we had to stay there for around 3 to 4 hours and then we drove to Shay’s house and got a pie. After about half an hour we went back to the golf club because my mum wanted to see the tsunami hit the rocks even though she was scared. 2 hours later we went home and I was glad to see my chromebook again. I didn’t enjoy the tsunami because I thought that I wouldn’t be able to come to school and see my friends again and I wouldn’t be able to see my teachers, but I wanted the tsunami to hit so I can see how big it was because I have never seen one before. Have you ever seen a tsunami before?

1 comment:

  1. Hi dale, its me mark. I really like how you used the maori word for scary in your title. I really wish that I could go back to Paihia School.

    ReplyDelete