Pages

Friday, June 21, 2019

The Kiwi and the Ferret

When Stella from Bay Bush Action came to Paihia School she talked
to us about what was happening to the Kiwi and all the eggs that the
Kiwi are laying. All the pests in the forest are killing and eating the Kiwi
and Kiwi eggs. Everyone in Te Ngahere has been creating an animation
about what they think is happening to the Kiwi and Kiwi eggs.
My animation was called the Kiwi and the Ferret. It is about the
Ferret eating the Kiwi and then getting stuck in a Ferret trap.
I think that I did really well with my animation. We were learning
about the stoats, ferrets, rats and weasels these are some of the
pests that are killing our animals


My Animation:

 

4 comments:


  1. Hello Dale it’s Harlem here in your class, I really like your post about your Kiwi and The Ferret, the very end slide was really funny because his eyebrows were so fake, but still funny and also that was a lot of blood. The caution was a good sign to use and maybe you could work on some ways of hiding the trap and then, someone slowly sneaks up and moves the trap forward. You could of used an different bait for the ferret to eat but still a good blog. See you at school
    Did you have trouble finishing this animation? How long did it take you? Well keep up the good work blog ya later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dale my name is LJ and I go to Kawakawa Primary School. I really like this presentation about the Kiwi and how you tell us how it is in danger.I like how you put a warning about blood in the presentation.It really helps with blog post like this.Maybe sometime you can check my blog out http://kpsljm.blogspot.co.nz blog you later

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dale I like it how you showed what a ferret does to a kiwi. I liked the part how you made the kiwi think that if it stays still it will be camouflaged. Do you know how to stop pests eating our native kiwis?

    ReplyDelete